Plant breeder’s rights (PBR) – administered under Australia’s Plant Breeder’s Rights Act 1994 , through the Plant Breeder’s Rights Office at IP Australia – give owners exclusive commercial rights to registered plant varieties.
These rights allow you to:
- Produce or reproduce plant material
- Condition plant material for propagation (including cleaning, coating, sorting, packaging and grading)
- Offer plant material for sale, and sell it
- Import and export plant material
- Stock plant material for any of the above purposes.
Click here to find an attorney.