Where to find help with commercialisation of your invention
The information provided in the links below is the content of their respective site owners. IPTA is not affiliated with any of the site owners, and provides the list of links for informational purposes only. Whilst all due care has been taken to avoid listing links to sites containing clearly erroneous or misleading information, IPTA does not guarantee the accuracy, applicability, appropriateness, or ongoing currency of the information in the listed links. Professional advice should be sought before any course of action is pursued.
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESOURCES
- IP Toolkit for Collaboration is a valuable resource that provides a range of tools and agreements to facilitate, simplify and improve collaboration between researchers and industry.
- SME Portal is a dedicated service covering all the essentials of IP protection, from patent basics through to more complex issues including enforcement and commercialisation.
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESOURCES
- IP Reference Cards provides information about what each IP type is for, what it gives you, and how it works.
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT GRANTS AND INITIATIVES
- Accelerating Commercialisation provides small and medium businesses, entrepreneurs and researchers with access to expert advice and funding to help get a novel product, process or service to market.
- CSIRO Kick-Start is an initiative for innovative Australian start-ups and small SMEs, providing funding support and access to CSIRO’s research expertise and capabilities to help grow and develop their business.
- Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides Australian businesses with quality advice and support to help them innovate and grow.
- Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme is a key Australian Government financial assistance program for aspiring and current exporters. Administered by Austrade, the scheme supports a wide range of industries.
- Innovation Connections assists businesses to understand their research needs, connect with the research sector and fund collaborative research projects.
- Landing Pads provide market-ready Australian startups and scaleups with access to some of the world’s most renowned hubs including San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Shanghai, Berlin and Singapore.
- Research and Development Tax Incentive helps to offset some of the costs you put into eligible R&D, which benefits the wider Australian economy.
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INITIATIVES
- Callaghan Innovation delivers a range of services to business to help build New Zealand’s innovation capability.
- Funding Explorer is an interactive resource to help business owners identify a range of grants and initiatives to support transformative research ideas.
STATE GOVERNMENT GRANTS AND INITIATIVES
Each state and territory has its own grants and initiatives for small and medium-sized businesses.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURIAL ECOSYSTEMS
The following websites provide information about investors, technology hubs, founder hubs, technology incubators, accelerator programs and services to support technology-based businesses in a given state or territory.